An 18-year-old boy was recently arrested by the Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos state police command for phone snatching.

According to reports, the 18-year-old boy identified as Sadeeq Wasiu, is a serial phone snatcher who carried out his 'trade' around Oshodi.
Sadeeq who has been imprisoned seven times for the same crime, was recently arrested after being on the police's wanted list for phone thefts and bag snatching.
Sadeeq popularly called 'Omo Eiye' in Oshodi, was reportedly caught at Oshodi under bridge after he had snatched an Infinix Note 3 from a student.
While speaking to interrogators, Sadeeq who was released from the Potoki prison, Badagry, in January, 2017, said he ran away from his village in Ikire, Osun state, at 15-years-old.
I was 15 years when I came to Lagos to work as a conductor in 2014. My parents were not aware I am in Lagos. My popular name is Eyie. I steal phones from people at Oshodi. We were three in my group; Ahmed alias Oyi, Tombolo and I. We have stolen more than 45 phones as a group and I have stolen countless number of phones individually.
I used to sell the phones at Idi-Oro, Mushin. I sell the phone according to their make. I sell some N10,000.00 and N8,000.00. I have gone to jail seven times. I sell Indian Hemp too. I buy it from Spider in Lagos Island and I resell in small raps to over 50 of my colleagues in Oshodi. I can buy N4,000.00 and break into small wraps and sell for N8,000.00
Sadeeq has been transferred to the Lagos state taskforce in Oshodi for prosecution.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox